Last updated on December 18th, 2020
We are committed to protecting your privacy at all times. By interacting with our DEAM channels, you have shown your trust in us and we value that trust.
What personal data do we collect and why?
The data we collect, and how we use it, depends on how you are interacting with our DEAM channels. We collect and use non-personal data differently to your personal data.
Personal data is information that allows us to identify you, such as:
• First and last name
• Address, telephone number, e-mail address or other contact information
• Social media username or profile
• Interests and qualifications
• IP (Internet Protocol) address when such address is associated with a specific user
We collect personal data about our users in two ways:
1. When you directly provide information to us, e.g. by entering personal information on certain pages of the website or through other DEAM channels. For example, you may fill out a signup form for a specific service or complete a contact form.
2. Using automated means, specifically through cookies – cookies are small text files that are send to your computer by websites that you visit. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the website.
How do we use your personal data?
We may use your personal data that you share with us through our DEAM channels for the following purposes:
• To respond to your requests (e.g. in case you fill in a contact form)
• To provide the services or information you request (e.g. in case you request a demo or training for our products)
• To manage our relationship with you and facilitate any necessary follow up (e.g. by storing relevant information and preferences for a reasonable
amount of time)
• To enter into, or perform a contract with you (e.g. in case you wish to order products or services from us)
• To enable you to participate in our online communities, including social media and blogs
• To contact you with information that might be of interest to you – for more information see the Marketing and Education section below
• In other ways to which you consent
DEAM may also use your personal data, if necessary, to achieve the following legitimate interests, so long as compatible with your rights and expectations of privacy:
• For analytical purposes in order to research, develop and improve products, services and content.
• To anonymize your information by removing any personal identifiers (your name, e-mail address, etc.) so that it may be used for other purposes. In this case,
the anonymized information would no longer identify you and may be treated like other non-personal information.
to protect our rights or property
Where required by law, we will ask you to affirmatively consent to the processing of your personal data for a particular purpose. For example, we will only send you newsletters if you have subscribed to them, as required by law.
Do we collect and use sensitive personal data?
Sensitive personal data is personal information revealing or relating to your health, genetic or biometric data, your racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life or sexual orientation, political opinions or trade union membership.
DEAM does not collect, use or maintain sensitive personal data.
What non-personal data do we collect and why?
Non-personal data is information that cannot identify you or be linked to you in any way. Therefore the non-personal data that we collect through our DEAM channels does not identify you as an individual person, and will not be linked to you.
Non-personal data that we collect, and process may include information such as:
• The type of web browser software you use (for example, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.)
• The name of the domain from which you access the Internet
• The Internet address of the website that referred you directly to our website
• The date and time you access our website
• Which pages you have visited on our website
• How you interacted with our website pages
• The search terms you use
• The links on which you click
Marketing and Educational material
DEAM may wish to provide you with educational materials or other information about our products and services, as well as other information that might be of interest to you, based on the information you have shared with us and that we have collected through cookies or similar techniques regarding your interaction with our DEAM channels. We will ask you to affirmatively consent to the use of your personal data for the purposes of such communications, in accordance with applicable laws.
If at any time you decide not to receive any educational, commercial or promotional information related to our products and services or regarding other information, please email us at the contact details listed below and mention “UNSUBSCRIBE” in the subject of your email. Alternatively, you may use the unsubscribe button provided in any relevant message you receive from us.
Please note that if you unsubscribe to receive promotional messages from us, we may still continue to send you relevant information for other lawful purposes, such as to respond to your requests, to execute agreements with you, or to provide you with information that DEAM is required by law to provide, e.g. regarding product recalls.
Sharing your personal data with others
Affiliates and service providers
We may disclose your personal data:
• To our affiliates or subsidiaries for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice
• To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment/billing processing, order fulfillment, information
technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, CRM, event management, marketing intelligence, auditing, and
• When you interact with DEAM as a business customer, supplier or business partner, DEAM may disclose Personal Data available in reports and other materials
provided by you and/or your company representatives to an engagement with another business partner and/or a supplier.
Third-party cookies or other tracking technology
The data collected is used to:
• Ensure that the digital channel functions properly
• Analyze digital channel usage so we can measure and improve performance of our digital channels
• Help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond DEAM channels
How long will we keep your personal data for?
How do we secure your personal data?
We aim to use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Data within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission (website or email) or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and we encourage you to therefore take special care in deciding what information you send or request. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “How to contact us?” section below.
At any time, you may exercise your right to access, rectify, erase, restrict or object to the processing of any personal data relating to you, which we have based on our legitimate interests. You can do this by contacting us through our contact details listed below.
If we have based our collection or use of your personal data on your consent then you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us through our contact details listed below.
We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative messages, from which you cannot opt-out.
How to contact us